Welcome to icons50. Inspired by great communities such as icons100 and tapout100 this is another icon challenge community. This community is based around the idea of free choice. Any subject is acceptable, from actors to musicians, movies to models. Be creative, you can be as obscure as you like. There are no themes- all icons are down to the artist's choice. The idea is to pick your subject and complete 50 icons of that subject within the 12 week deadline. When you complete your subject you'll receive a pretty banner and a place in our hall of fame alongside the other iconists who've completed one of our challenges.
1. You must join the community before you can participate in any challenges. If you're not a member we can't give you posting access.
2. Make your way over to the claims post and claim your subject by posting a comment. Due to the flexibility of the community chances are that if your first choice of subject claim was already taken you will be able to get around it somehow. For example if someone has claimed the TV character of Marissa Cooper from The OC, you can still claim Mischa Barton under Actresses. So be imaginative!
3. Once your claim has been accepted you will be given posting access to the community. You will have exactly three calendar months to complete your challenge and the date of your deadline will be listed next to your claim. If you fail to complete the challenge in that time, someone else will be allowed to claim your subject. Extensions will be considered in special circumstances if the moderators are informed.
4. You must make new icons for your challenges. You may post your icons in batches and don't need to post all 50 at once. You are allowed to post up to three "teaser" icons but the rest must be placed behind a cut tag. You must also list any resources you have used. Please post any slashy icons or icons that contain spoilers behind a cut and place a warning up! We might not have all seen the latest movies or Doctor Who episodes. List the name of your claim in the subject of your post. An ideal format for posting is to use the following before you post your icons:
Name of subject: i.e. AFI: the band. Icon numbers: i.e. 1-20 Resources: i.e. any websites you got photos from or brushes you may have used. Warnings/Notes: i.e. how you want your icons to be used/credited.
5. Once you've completed your icon challenge, please go to the hall of fame post and leave a comment so that we can make you a banner. Your challenge will be listed in the completed challenges list and your claim will be cleared so that someone else will be able to take the subject again.
6. Most importantly... BE NICE. This isn't an elite community and we encourage all icon makers to participate in challenges here. No dissing of other's icons will be tolerated. Those who take icons should credit the original makers and be polite to them. We want this to be a warm and welcoming community for everyone.